310 North Main St.
P.O. Box 591
Elgin, Texas 78621
Office: (512) 281-5724
Fax: (512) 285-5962
Doug Prinz, Director
of Elgin Utilities Department
[Elgin Business Park]
310 N Main Street
Pay Your City of Elgin Utility Bill On-line - eff May 1st!!!
Click here to pay
New Water Service, Water Transfers, Water Billing &
Payments, Letter of Credit, Garbage & Recycling Service
within the city limits call the City of Elgin (512) 281-5724
You must apply in person at the Utility Billing Department to start new services.
310 North Main Street
Bank Draft Deductions
are available to pay for these services
Now accepting Visa, Mastercard and Discover in person or via Phone! Online bill payment coming soon!
Bulk Trash pickup will be every other Monday. Arrangements must be made in advance to be placed on the pickup route by calling Allied Waste at 800-252-3586 or 512-247-5647. This is a FREE service included in the price that City of Elgin customers pay for water, wastewater, recycling and garbage service. Customers outside the city limits that have water accounts but don’t pay for City trash service, are not eligible for free bulk trash pick-up
1. Items that can be put curbside are box springs, mattresses, large pieces of furniture, stoves, washers, dryers and appliances that have had the refrigerant removed and are red tagged. Tree branches and brush cut to 4’ lengths.
2. Place your bulk bundles on the property line, free of overhead wires & obstructions like fences, water/gas meter, or trees. Some of the tree trimmings will be mulched and used as ground cover at the landfill.
3. No hazardous wastes, tires, flammable liquids, wet paint, chemicals, explosives, manure, or other dangerous material curbside or in your carts at any time.
4. No sheet rock, construction, or demolition debris. You must have these picked up by a private service.
Regular weekly trash service
1 -Up to four bundles tied up with regular trash pickup can now be maximum 4 feet long.
2- No manure in blue carts.
3- No sheet rock, construction, or demolition debris. You must have this picked up by separate service. Private disposal options listed below in the E-Newsletter.
Residents over 65 years of age, who are the primary account holder, can apply for an additional reduction of $2.02 per month for (1) 95 gallon cart only. Extra carts will not qualify for a reduction. Residents over 65 who wish to apply for the additional reduction MUST contact City Hall during regular business hours from 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday at 310 North Main or 512-285-5721 to request an application. Required documentation that will need to be provided can be either a valid driver license or a State issued photo ID for proof of age eligibility.
Fire Hydrants, Water Line Locates, Construction Meters,
Sewer Taps, Water Taps call the Utilities Department (512)
Fats Oils Grease (FOG) food scraps and coffee grounds don't mix well with water. When flushed, these materials can build up and block the entire sewer pipeline and cause raw sewage overflows into your home, lawns, streets, parks and rivers. This creates health risks, destroys the environment, and costs you money.
- Never pour FOG, food scraps or coffee grounds
into your sink, garbage disposal or toilet.
- Scrape or wipe grease and food scraps from pots, pans grills and
utensils into a can and place in your garbage or reuse it!
- Absorb spilled oils into kitty litter, newspaper, paper towels, coffee grounds or absorb-all and place in the garbage.
- Clean pop-up stoppers on tub and bathroom sinks regularly.
- Keep sewer pipes free of tree roots.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
for a Home in Elgin?
Realtors - Commercial and Residential
here for listing