Public Works

H n TC Gang - c. 1895-1898
H&TC Work Crew - circa 1895

The City of Elgin Public Works Department is located in the Elgin Business Park off of Highway 290.

The employees of the Public Works Department provide vital public services such as public roadway and right of way (ROW) maintenance, traffic, street sign maintenance, pavement markings, storm water system of public infrastructure projects. Staff is responsible for coordinating the preparation of the annual operating budget. 

To report issues with the City's roadways, including potholes, debris, or broken or missing street signs, please complete our online form or call 512-229-3260