Morris Memorial Pool is currently closed.
2020 WEEKLY WATER AEROBICS SCHEDULE
- Visit: https://secure.rec1.com/TX/elgin-tx/catalog
- Click “Fitness Classes”
- Click “Water Aerobics Session 1” or “Water Aerobics Session 2”
- Select who is going and click “Select Dates”
- Select the dates you are interested in
- Click "Add to Cart"
- Sign the Activity Waiver and COVID19 Waiver
- Complete payment @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Tuesday Session 1||5:00PM - 6:00PM|
|Tuesday Session 2||6:30PM - 7:30PM|
|Thursday Session 1||5:00PM - 6:00PM|
|Thursday Session 2||6:30PM - 7:30PM|
Water Aerobics Guidelines
- If a class is crowded, participants cannot reserve space or equipment for anyone not present
- Patrons must be at least 15 years of age to participate in the fitness class unless otherwise specified
- The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave for refusal to follow Morris Pool Rules/Regulations or these Guidelines
- Put equipment away after use
- No food or drinks allowed in the pool at any time - drinks must be taken outside of the pool, on the deck
- All participants must wear proper swim attire - street clothes will not be permitted
- Each person participating in Water Aerobics must have paid their daily entry fee @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Please note: Time schedule for Water Aerobics is specifically for the Water Aerobics class. Anyone not participating in Water Aerobics will be asked to sit out or leave per lifeguard's discretion.
Additional Pool Rules and Regulations:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times while on the pool deck and in communal areas, such as the restrooms, tables and concession stand. Not wearing a mask will result in being asked to leave, forfeiting all admission fees. Face coverings do not need to be worn while in the pool.
- All patrons must remain at least 6 feet away from other groups at all times, including while in the pool.
- Cancellation of pool reservation within 48 hours of rental time will result in forfeiting rental fee. All members must have their rental fee paid in advance or they will not be permitted in the pool area.
- Locker rooms and water fountains will be closed to the public. Please plan accordingly. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state and local governments, and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of large groups of people. The City of Elgin Parks & Recreation Department has created new protocols and put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however the City of Elgin Parks & Recreation cannot guarantee that you will not become exposed to or infected with COVID-19 by entering upon and using City of Elgin premises.
I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by enter upon and using City of Elgin premises, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and other, including, but not limited to, City of Elgin employees, volunteers, and others entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself or my child(ren) including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability or expense of any kind that I may experience or incur in connection with my entering upon and using City of Elgin premises. On my behalf, and on behalf of my child(ren), I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the City of Elgin and their officials, employees, agents and representatives, from and against any and all liability, claims, demands, actions, causes of action, damages, and expenses arising or in any way related to my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises. I understand and agree that this release and covenant not to sue includes, but is not limited to, any claims related to COVID-19 based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of City of Elgin or their officials, employees, agents and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during or after my entrance upon and use of City of Elgin premises.